August – September 2014 Canine Circus School, Schedule of Classes
-All Classes meet for 6-weeks of fun, held beneath the East Bay sun in Oakland (on the border of Emeryville). Where do I begin? At Canine Circus School, all new students begin with Introduction to Circus 1. No prior dog training experience needed to take our Introductory Circus Class.
Call us if you have any questions. 415 779 6550 or email
Don’t be! Call us if you have any questions, 415-779-6550.
Please visit our pretty policy page to see age requirements, vaccination and refund information.
Price and payment options: You will find prices for classes listed under each class description. To reserve your class, you have the option to pay online or to mail a check. If paying by check address to, Friends of the Family Dog Training, and mail to 1005 53rd Street, Oakland, CA 94609.
Our Introduction to Circus Class 1 is where all new students begin their training at Canine Circus School. (You’ve never been in a training class? No problem.) In this class we teach you many of the obedience and trick drills that we do in our more advanced classes in easy steps that anyone can follow. A big part of Circus 1 is getting your dog used to working around other dogs. To do this we start spaced at a distance, over the course of the six weeks we get closer and closer until the dogs are maintaining complete focus on their handlers but working in close proximity to other dogs.
Circus 1 Class is much more than just trick training, Circus 1 is about becoming an excellent handler and teacher. We cover more real world scenarios than any obedience class. We build confidence to perform in challenging environments and set a great foundation that does not conflict with, but only enhances, other training disciplines.
Introduction to Circus 1 Class:
- Tuesday evening class, 6:30 PM −7:30 PM, starts August 12, meets weekly through September 23 (skips week of September 2);
- Thursday afternoon class, 12:30 PM– 1:30 PM, starts August 14, meets weekly through September 18;
- Sunday evening class, 5 PM- 6 PM, starts August 17, meets weekly through September 28 (skips week of August 31).
***NEW***Introduction to Circus 1 Small Dog Class (this class is for Small Dogs ONLY, up to 25 lbs.)
- Saturday morning class, 11:30 AM − 12:30 PM, starts August 16, meets weekly through September 27 (skips week of August 30).
*The classes above are for first time students to Canine Circus School. The class costs $260, 6-week course.
Prepay to reserve your spot
Continuing Circus 1 Class is for students who have completed the Introductory Circus 1 class but need more time to work on their foundation. Often it takes more than six weeks to master this material, so we created continuing level for students who know our basic drills but need more time before they continue onto the next level. In this class we introduce new material so students are always learning new things but we are careful to keep the criteria perfectly balanced so students have continued success.
*This class is for students continuing their education in the Circus 1 Ring; $195, 6-week course.
- Saturday afternoon class, 1 PM – 2 PM, starts August 16, meets weekly through September 27 (Skips week of August 30).
email us and prepay to reserve your spot in class
In the Introduction to Circus 1.5 Class our drills get faster and more complicated. The dog works with more independence from the handler and with more control.
- Thursday evening class, 6:30 PM- 7:30 PM, starts August 14, meets weekly through September 18;
- Sunday morning class, 11 AM – 12 PM, starts August 17, meets weekly through September 28 (skips week of August 31).
This class is for students who have completed Circus 1 and are new to the Circus 1.5 Ring; $260, 6-week course.
email us which class time to hold and prepay to reserve your spot in class.
Continuing Circus 1.5 Class is for students that have completed Circus 1.5 but need and want more time to work on their skills before continuing to the next level. Continued 1.5 students are prepped for Circus 2.
- Sunday afternoon class, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM, starts August 17, meets weekly through September 28 (skips week of August 31).
*This class is for students continuing their education in the Circus 1.5 Ring; $195, 6-week course.
email us and prepay to reserve your spot in class.
Circus 2 Class:
Circus 2 students must be approved by Instructor. Circus 2 Class is our advanced class. We begin to get our drills and team work to be performance ready. Dogs work in close proximity on advanced tricks.
- Thursday morning class, 11 AM – 12 PM, starts August 14, meets weekly through September 18;
- Sunday evening class, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM, starts August 17, meets weekly through September 28 (skips week of August 31).
*This class is for both returning and new students. Returning Circus 2 students pay $195; New students pay $260; 6-week course.
email us which class time to hold, and prepay to reserve your spot.
Please call 415-779-6550, if you have any questions!